Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shakespeare In Love: videos and thoughts

I think Shakespeare in love shows its viewers that time stands still in some respects. Whether its about love, power, passion; anger greed, or jealousy, life seems to have been the same way back in shakespeares' time as it is today. Most viewers can identify with many parts of this film whether it be the romance, or the jealousy, I know I can. To think that the basis for this story was written hundreds of years ago and still has the same passion and vigor thats found throughout Shakespearean times. I just wonder if this movie and the rest of his work will be around for the generations to come and will they view it in the same light as we view it today. Shakespeare lives in 2012 through his body of work, and through the hundreds of thousands or posibly millions, that read, recite, create, act, direct and produce in the name of Shakespeare each year. Shakespeare has become a cornerstone of our education in more ways than intended. I hope that when my children grow up and become adults, they find the same appriciation poetry and especially for the shakespears work. I want them to read to me the stories and poems I have read and the hundreds I will read in the before my later years come.  

2 comments:

  1. There is definitely some Shakespeare in all of us. He reminds us of the passion for life we should carry with us each day in the way we love. He was definitely a gateway to openness of love marriage as opposed to arranged marriage. He has shown many, and continues to show, that love with passion, no matter how it ends, is better than not having loved at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur that Shakespeare In Love does show its views that time stand still in some aspects. Love, power, passion, anger, greed, and jealously ring true in the lives of the audience today as it did then. And in everyday life, as in the film, it can chance two people stare into each others eye and feel as if time has froze but the feelings that encompass them. And yes the roots of this story do stretch back a long way, after all, William Shakespeare dies on 4-23-1616. The roots of the movie stretch a solid 400 years to be more precise. I disagree with the statement "Shakespeare lives in 2012" simply due to the fact that 2012 has yet to come about. Although I will bet great odds that his work will live on next year, as it has for over 400 years now.

    ReplyDelete